Job Title: General Assistant
Responsible to: Catering Manager/Head Chef
Location: based on requirements
Hours/days: Full Time- Monday-Friday- 40 hours per week (hours as required to meet the needs of the business)
Main Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Being fully conversant with and be able to implement the required standards of Health and Safety/Hygiene.
- Serving guests with food, drinks and refreshments to the Company standard.
- Performing customer care to the highest standard.
- Reporting any client queries, problems or accidents to Line Manager.
- Operating a till in line with Company standards.
- Assisting with all cleaning duties and washing up as required.
- Keeping all food service areas and surfaces clean and tidy.
- Be punctual, flexible and reliable.
- Adhering to food safety policies with particular reference to personal hygiene and appearance.
- Ensuring that all duties are carried out as per company procedure in an efficient manner
- Demonstrating product knowledge in line with unit specification.
- Observing and enforcing all statutory regulations concerning hygiene, health & safety, fire & security, ensuring that any identified risks are reported to the line manager.
- Adhering to all policies and procedures as laid down in the company induction.
- Working together as a team to ensure continual improvement whilst maintaining excellent communication with all personnel.
- Carry out reasonable duties that maybe requested by the company.
You will demonstrate, amongst other things, your ability in the following:
- Minimum Level 1 Food Hygiene Certificate.
Skills & Abilities:
- An effective communicator with robust interpersonal communication skills at all levels.
- Able to plan and prioritise workload to ensure objectives are achieved within given timeframe.
- Able to identify problems and make decisions, taking appropriate action to resolve.
- Able to attain an accurate and consistent standard of service and customer satisfaction.
- Able to work on own initiative and positively as a team member.
- Communicates well both in writing and verbally.
- Work alone and as part of a small or large team.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Appreciates that projects need to be completed.
- Methodical approach with an ability to work under pressure.
- Uses judgement to know when to ask for help and guidance.
- Uses own initiative and can work independently.
- Takes responsibility for own work.
- Excellent Organisational skills.
- Records information accurately.
- Pays attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and follow processes.
- Good level of numeracy.
- Makes good use of the opportunities to develop within the role.
- Builds appropriate professional, friendly and accessible relationships with employees and line managers.
- Can “keep up” and excel within a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates initiative and influences change.
- Demonstrates an “investigative” and “can do” approach and attitude to all tasks.
- A Team player.
- Effective and efficient Time management of self and duties.
- Approachable and smart in appearance.
- Complete enhanced DBS checks.